Back due to popular demand the Original Release Your Body Workshop – zooming live Saturday 24 October
11/2 hours £15.00 per person
What is it?
A starting point to releasing tension in your body and increasing awareness of muscle tightness and areas you need to work on. Using massage balls, movement sequences and stretches you will travel through segments of your body and unravel and release tensions that have built up over time causing discomfort, restricting movement and affecting your quality of life.
Your body should feel safe and comforted as we work through a set of exercises that encourage it to let go of tensions and unravel knots. The balls can be adjusted so you are working with a tension/softness that works for you.
What will I get out of it?
- You will be able to move more freely. You will have a deeper knowledge of your body, its knots and restrictions and what you need to do to reduce muscle tension, feel lighter, more comfortable and able to achieve your full potential.
- Your comfort will be improved as you move through your daily life – eg while sitting, driving, bending or standing.
- Your ability to exercise – eg walking, cycling running, pilates – will be enhanced.
- Each section will include a pre and post test to self-assess your range of movement before and after.
Who is it suitable for?
- Anybody wanting to release areas of muscle tension, for example in your shoulders, back and legs.
- People wanting to improve their performance and resilience in sports and exercise activities.
- You don’t have to have previous experience of pilates to take part in the workshop.
- It can help with certain bone and joint conditions such as arthritis, post-operation rehabilitation or recovery from injury, but it is important to seek medical clearance first.
Who is it not suitable for?
- It’s not suitable for people with osteoporosis.
- Some exercises may not be suitable for people with recent injuries – if in doubt talk to your health practitioner first
A previous participant writes . . .
“I wasn’t sure what to expect from Release Your Body – but we all loved it! I’d had a bad back for weeks and after the session it had eased considerably. I have had the same experience a second time and would highly recommend it” Janice